[About our Guides]
[Prices & Booking]
Professor Falls Blog postings:
Location: Banff, Alberta. 15 minutes from Canmore.
Logistics: Canmore is a great place to base out of for climbing in the area.
Up to 2 guests can join a guide for an ascent of Professors Falls.
Professor Falls is tucked into a steep, narrow, gully on Mount Rundle (the mountain that runs from Canmore to Banff). The
climb consists of numerous steps of fun ice climbing separated by short snow slopes. The last pitch is the steepest
and best part of the climb! Although this climb has a fairly long approach, the effort is well worth it! This climb
is a favourite among many grade 4 ice climbers and should be on everyones tick-list.
Other Nearby Routes
- Cascade Falls - WI3, 300m
- Grotto Canyon - WI3 & 4, 20m - 55m
- Louise Falls - WI4+, 110m
- and literally hundreds more...
Group gear such as ropes and carabiners will be provided by Canadian Rockies Alpine Guides. The personal
gear listed below is mandatory. Please inform us well in advance if you need to borrow any of these items.
Items that are not available for loan must be rented or purchased. Rental and purchase information can
be found here. Please feel free to e-mail or call with any questions about
gear to bring or purchase, we are happy to help you come well prepared.
- Small Pack (about 30 litres) - available for loan
- Ice Climbing/Mountaineering Boots
- Crampons - available for loan
- 2 Ice Climbing Axes - available for loan
- Harness - available for loan
- Helmet - available for loan
- Winter Jacket or Goretex/Softshell Jacket
- Winter Pants or Goretex/Softshell Pants
- Long Underwear
- Gloves (2 pairs)
- Toque or Balaclava
- Gaitors (optional but highly recommended)
- Water Bottles (2 litres)
- Lunch with lots of snacks