One of our favorite routes in the Rockies! This long and challenging climb on a unique rib of rock is only overshadowed by the most memorable rappel you are ever to likely do! After a fairly long but very scenic hike up, we climb the narrow rib in 13 long pitches of slab, crack and face climbing. From here a long rappel off a huge overhang starts the scrambling descent.
Location: Kananaskis Highway #40. 30 minutes from Canmore or just over an hour from Calgary.
Logistics: A big day out requiring the ability to move quickly on the climb as well as lots of steep hiking and scrambling. Up to two guests can join for an ascent of The Fold but one is recommended. June through September is the best time to plan this climb.
Other Nearby Routes
- Wasootch Tower – North Ridge Direct – 5.6, 300m
- Yamnuska – Grillmair’s Chimneys – 5.7, 350m
- Yamnuska – Forbidden Corner – 5.8+, 300m
- Mt. Indefatigable – Joy – 5.7, 500m
- Nanny Goat – Beautiful Century – 5.10a, 230m